Friday, June 13, 2014

A Little Room Off My Kitchen and Attic Treasures

I have a little room off of the kitchen which has been neglected since I moved in to this 1920's farmhouse. It needs new flooring but I love the wood walls and decided it was time to do something in there.
Here's one corner of the room.


I bought that little chair at an estate sale for $15 five years ago, it came without a seat and I never got around to fixing it. I stuck an old pottery piece filled with old and new yard sticks.




The dish rack was a flea market find. The little blue dishes were found in my father in laws attic. Here's a close up of them. The wood herb boxes are from Antique Farmhouse, there are four to the set and the other two are in the kitchen.
Here's a close up of the pretty blue plates.

I love the little bird, so pretty.


Here's a shot of the ceiling, I so love the wood bead board.


In the other corner I put this little blue table that I painted a few years ago. 

It's great storage for cookbooks.


Do you recognize this adorable cow sign? It's from the wonderfully talented
 Kris at Junk Chic Cottage
She was redoing her kitchen and I told her how much I admired it and she GAVE it to me!! Such a sweetie, thanks again Kris. It's now hanging the the little room off the kitchen.


In another corner is my antique Pot Belly Cabinet. The drawers hold  kitchen towels in one side and doggie treats in the other.



While I was in the attic finding the pretty blue bird plates look what else I found.......


A gorgeous old chandelier, but wait......


There wasn't just one beautiful old chandelier, there was TWO!!!
They are so heavy, I just can't believe they were up there the whole time. I don't think they were ever hung up. My father in law traveled all over the world in the Air Force so I have no idea where he got them, but I really love them.


All the crystals are wrapped up and secured, I'll leave them that way til I figure out where I'm going to hang the chandeliers.


Who knows what other treasures lurk up there?

Sharing at...
Mod Mix Monday
Amaze Me Monday
Sunday Showcase



7 comments:

  1. What a charming little room. I love all the decor in there and absolutely love the dairy sign. I am wanting to make/buy something similar to it for my kitchen when I redo it. And...what find with those chandies! I would be up there treasure hunting for sure! Have fun...:)

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Teresa! I lost touch with you when I changed my url. Wow! Everything looks so pretty! I love the ceilings! And what great finds in the attic! Those chandys are beautiful. You have been busy since I last visited.
    Have a great weekend!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Teresa,
    Love that little room. So sweet. Love that you found a home for the cow sign. Looks great on the white wood board wall. That chandy is fab. How wonderful to find that treasure up in the attic. Looks so great.
    Have a great week end my friend.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Now THOSE were a find@ Can't wait to see what you do with them.
    And that Kris? Well, I admired one of her signs, too, and she sent it to me. Thank God I didn't tell her I liked her underwear! She is something else, isn't she? That is a GREAT cow sign and perfect for your spot!

    I am ordering my pillow tomorrow and will think of you every time I look at it! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet room...love the chandeliers! Can't wait to see where you put them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the vintage charm, such a sweet room!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...