Thursday, November 13, 2014

I Love Having A Screened Porch

I love my screened porch, it's so much fun to decorate. I haven't started with the Christmas Decor yet, too early for me. I usually wait til after Thanksgiving to lug out all the boxes of decorations. So it's still  Fall Decor on the porch. I didn't go all out with decorating this year, actually I haven't gone 'all out'  for a few years now. I think I am becoming a minimalist at least when it comes to decorating.


Simple right? I like the splash of color but wanted a lighter green plant and thought of a lemon cypress. The color is so refreshing and really makes the dark days of winter more lively. So I grabbed me one and used the mini pumpkins to accent the pretty green and gathered up some pine cones from the front yard to add to the mix.


I added a pretty Boxwood Wreath to the front door, I absolutely LOVE Boxwoods for all year round. We also added a brass kick plate to the door, I think they add so much interest.


I found some great baskets at Hobby Lobby for half off, yay, and used them for my topiary plants.

 I added some battery operated lights to the topiaries, they'll be great for Christmas and all year round too.

Oh yeah, one last thing, we replaced our old beat up screen door with one we found at a salvage store. I painted it white and the hinges black. I love the little spindles.



So that's it, I hope you all are enjoying the season!

Sharing at
Inspire Me Please
Tweak It Tuesday
Fall Into Fall
Wow Us Wednesday



10 comments:

  1. It's beautiful out there! I'd love it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa,
    So pretty on your porch. I want to just come and sit out there and take it all in. Gorgeous. Happy Friday my friend.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely, just curious...I saw a realtors lock box on the the door handle, are you selling your house?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to see your porch and ideas, Teresa. I seem to do less each year, too, for certain seasons. I am going to have to look for a lemon cypress! I LOVE the color of it.

    Your screen door is great. I love the spindles, too. Hope you are doing well and I hope your hubby is doing well, too. Fill me in when you get a chance. I would love to hear how he is doing. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your screened porch, too, Teresa! You've decorated it so nicely and I'm sure it becomes additional living space for a good part of the year. We had a screened gazebo at our old house and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I would kill for a screened in porch! Kepp away all those darn mosquitoes in the summer time! Thanks for sharing! Also wanted to let you know about a new linky party starting this Saturday at 8pm called “Found & Foraged” I think your project would be perfect for it! Can’t wait to party with you at http://www.houseofhipsters.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful! i've been going simple holiday, too.
    b

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wanted a screened porch too. We got an estimate last spring to have our deck screened. Let's just say it won't be happening any time soon! LOL!! Love all of your decor, especially the greenery. Such a beautiful extension of your home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't know how I missed this post, but I am glad I scrolled down and saw it. I am actually in the process of porch "shopping" righ now. We are hoping to start building ours in December. I absolutely love the look of yours. We are planning to screen ours in as well due to frogs, bugs, and snakes! I also don't want all my cats laying around on everything. I plan to use it as another place to entertain. The screen door I have picked out is very similar to yours. I love the way yours is screened too with the grid design. I am pinning to show my hubby! Thanks for inspiring me!

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks beautiful!
    Love those gorgeous fall colors.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...