Sunday, January 18, 2015

Look What I Found In The Garage

As some of you may remember my husband and I moved into his family's 94 year old home a year and a half ago.
We have been slowly fixing it up and in the process have found many treasures lurking in the attic and the garage that also has an attic.

Yesterday while digging through some things in the garage I found some more treasures and wanted to share them with you.

It's an old brass fire extinguisher, I stuck the old bicycle wheel on top to see how it would look if I made it into a table. Not sure yet what I'll do with it. I've also seen then made into lamps. Or maybe just leave it alone and display it somehow.

If you have any ideas let me know..



I was super excited when I saw it.

I also found two of these horse yokes.
 And several of these animal yokes. This one is iron but I found some made of wood also. I'm going to be showing you how I used one in my home in the next few days.

 A little worse for wear but pretty cool none the less and the thermometer still works!

 Old General Electric clock, love the red.
 Do you know what this is?
 An antique juicer made by Juice King, awesomely made!
 Antique french fry cutter.

Hmmm, wonder what this held? lol

Rival grinder
 Old step stool
 It needs some love but it is totally stable and functional.
Another stool that needs some love.
It's like a treasure hunt, lots of fun!
There is a whole bunch of white chippy wood planks out there too and I'm in the process of doing something with some of it, here's a sneak peek...

Mounting a hook for what's going to hang on it, I'll reveal it soon, I promise1

Sharing at
Tweak It Tuesday



12 comments:

  1. What treasures you have uncovered! It must be fun digging around and not knowing what's there! I can't wait to see what you hang on the chippy board with the hanger! So pretty...:) Have a great week.


    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off I call dibs on that fire extinguisher (just a note for my sisters lol) I would just polish that thing up and put it in the house as is! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I'd love going through that old garage with you!
    I went through my barn last summer and took photos of all the things I want use or repurpose... I have a check list of ideas!
    Love the old step stools they'd work well for a center island snack bar or something...
    enjoy the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you really hit the jackpot!!! What a great treasure hunt, I am envious. I think the brass fire extinguisher would make a great base for a lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog last weekend and am just thrilled with all of your posts that you have done...we live in a manufactured home and I just adore all your make overs on here. I will be back, many times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've literally got a treasure trove in there!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Cow, what a haul! Not sure, but my guess is that many of the items you uncovered are hot collectibles right now because the vintage look is SO in -- and lots of people are also developing an appreciation for the way things were so well-made in the past before we became such a throw-away society. Can I have that cool step-stool, please? I bought a new step-stool to help me reach the tops of my kitchen cabinets and discovered that the treads are not comfortably wide enough to get a good steady "stand on." Yours looks likes it has nice wide treads plus the seat top -- how cool is that! Not only can you sit on the step-stool, when the back is raised you can use it to steady yourself when climbing up and down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the treasures you found. I really love the red clock and red step stool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yesterday while walking in town we passed an antique store with some cool vintage items in the window...a clock and a tv were the two most memorable. They were each ticketed at more than $200. I'm certain some of your treasures are exactly that. Treasures. I'm soooooo jealous!

    As for the extinguisher, I love it as a u IQ's table. Add some glass and you're good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops, that should be unique table. 😳

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like your treasure hunt can keep you very happy and busy for a while! What fun to find things that have just been waiting for you for such a long time!

    ReplyDelete

And you lovely people said.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...